Wow 2012. WHAT A YEAR. After spending 3 months in Perth, Western Australia (one of my favourite cities and the home of my fellow blogger Nadine) at the end of 2011 I told myself that I would settle for nothing less than amazing in 2012. And amazing it was. I spent a perfect two weeks in Hawaii, shortly followed by a two month trip accross Europe where I explored, shopped and ate my way through more than 7 countries. Shortly after returning to Canada I moved from my small town in Northern British Columbia to the beautiful city of Calgary. I ended my year of travels with a trip to California in November, where we visited the famous Hotel Del Coronado (the hotel in the Marilyn Monroe film Some Like it Hot).
As Nadine will say in her blurb, seeing our blog grow and progress this past year has been amazing and I see big things ahead for us in 2013. We would like to thank you for all of your support and we hope that you continue to visit us in the future.
1) Springtime and Hunter Boots. Two of my favourite things. You can see the outfit post here.
2) In Maui wearing an amazing dress that I got at Mahina in Kihei.
3) The amazing Park Luxe Fashion Show. The first show I ever attended in Calgary.
4) A photo from my trip in Europe. Venice. One of my favourite stops.
5) My trip to visit the Famous Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego.
2012 was a year of great change for me, I got my first professional job and all the responsibilities that go with it - as well as the disposable income which meant I was able to buy a few lovely things and go on a holiday back to Mauritius and to Germany. Another highlight was the progression of our blog, coordinating for opposite sides of the world with a 12 hour time difference is quite tricky but we have successfully managed to find the right pace and direction for MGVP - well at least we hope :) Otherwise my year was filled with good food, friends and loved ones, I was able to attend several wonderful events that really encouraged my belief that Perth is becoming more of a fashion and artistic hub and that I've made the right decision to stay in this lovely city for a little longer.
1) One of my favourite outfits of 2012 which can be found here, for its versatility and ease to wear.
2) A few of my favourite things this year; Marc by Marc Jacobs bag and Forever New coral necklace, Jonte reef shirt and Tiffanys infinity bracelet, Gorman skirt and Forever New neon necklace and WERELSE for Mango Touch shoes.
3) This picture from my trip in August, which depicted the lifestyle of Amsterdam perfectly.
4) One photo of the many delicious cupcakes I baked this year for loved ones.
5) An ode to Northbridge for constantly surprising me.
On behalf of both of us, we'd like to say a very big thank you to each and everyone one of you who have supported us this year and since we began our blogging adventure. Here's to an even bigger and better 2013! Lots of love and good things Kari and Nadine.